ImageKeep Express 1 - General Q&A Forum
Ask general questions about ImageKeep Express 1
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them.|
Technology Associates, Inc. is not responsible for what they say.
Failure to launch external image editor
Running v 7.2.1 the database has ceased to launch my external image editor when asked to edit an image stored within the database. The external editor launches correctly when an image file in an external directory is selected for editing in the thumbnail view.
if I select "use internal editor" the database behaves correctly and opens any image for editing.
- reinstalled the software with a the latest version posted here
- tried various combinations of different editors & path.
--Ian Wyllie on Wed, Dec 17th, 2003 04:13:33 UTC
Yes, this is an issue we are aware of with the IMX format ImageBases because there is no image file to edit with the external editor. Until we provide a way to deal with this, there are a few things you can do:
1) Store the images externally (of course!)
2) "Extract" the image to a file and edit that file using the 'Update Image' option to update the ImageBase after you are done editing.
3) Store the images in the ImageBase, but select 'External' storage in the ImageBase Properties dialog and set a folder to store the images in (can be relative to the ImageBase file).
Number 3 is probably the best solution at the moment (and is probably the best way to do it, in general). We will release an update in the near future which addresses this issue.
--Derry Bryson on Wed, Dec 17th, 2003 10:38:18 UTC
ImageKeep Version 1.2.8 released
As promised, we have released version 1.2.8 which addresses this issue. Just download and install to update.
--Derry Bryson on Fri, Dec 19th, 2003 12:16:00 UTC